Gloversville Library, a Carnegie building, circa 1905
The library building was constructed in 1904 with a $50,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie. The site, at the corner of Fremont and East Fulton Street, was the home of Alanson Judson, the first President of the Levi Parson's Library of Gloversville and Kingsborough, predecessor to the Gloversville Free Library.
Gloversville Library 2014
Handicap entrance added in 2005
Friends and Family Appeal launched the major fundraising campaign for the renovation
While the Carnegie building is renovated, the Library will relocate to 34 WEST Fulton Street, home of the Fulton County Center for Regional Growth. The Library will occupy the dark brown brick and red brick portions of the building. Handicap access through the front, parking in the rear.
Gloversville Public Library 58 East Fulton Street • Gloversville, New York phone: (518) 725-2819 • fax: (518) 773-0292 email@example.com